When addiction takes hold, its effects impact not just the individual who’s dealing with addiction but also their family and friends. While loved ones and family members may genuinely care and want to offer support, addiction and its symptoms can often be misunderstood. However, everyone can learn, and family therapy can be a life-changing option for those who seek recovery.
Finding a treatment center that encourages families to participate in clients’ recovery can be a big step in the right direction. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery in Prescott, Arizona, our team of caring professionals is here to give you, and your loved ones access to long-lasting recovery. When you reach out for help, it can allow others to also find the support they need. Find out more today by sending us a message online, or call us at 855.746.3633.
What Can Family Therapy Do For You?
No one gets to choose the family they’re born into, but family can be a source of incredible support and love, especially when times are hard. While no one’s family is perfect, families can work together to find better and healthier habits. Letting your family in on the process of recovery can strengthen relationships, providing more stability for those in treatment. There are multiple benefits to having family involved in recovery, including:
- Higher levels of engagement and motivation during treatment
- Better knowledge and understanding of addiction within the family unit
- Improved ability to communicate concerns or ask questions about a family member’s addiction
- Lower levels of fear, anxiety, and stress surrounding the addiction
- Opportunities to address any underlying issues, such as depression, PTSD, bipolar, or other mental health symptoms within the family that can complicate recovery
- Opportunities to learn skills and strategies to assist loved ones in maintaining a drug- and substance-free lifestyle
Those with family members who get involved in their recovery can find longer-lasting sobriety and have an easier time getting help in case of relapse. Family therapy can give both the individual and their family a stronger footing in the fight against addiction.
Family Therapy at Viewpoint Dual Recovery
At Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we take a holistic approach to treatment, which can provide longer-lasting recovery. Our family therapy program offers clients options that can empower and facilitate healing:
- Improve dynamics between family members, encouraging trust and open communication
- Learn specific ways that family members as individuals can offer support
- Repair and rebuild relationships that may be suffering due to addiction or triggering addictive behaviors
- Learn how to channel difficult emotions into more positive outlets together
- Take accountability and responsibility for one another, so the load is lighter for everyone
Getting family members all on the same team together in fighting addiction can allow for deeper healing that promotes longer-lasting sobriety. You can count on Viewpoint Dual Recovery’s knowledgeable and compassionate team to guide you and your family. Together, we can find solid understanding of one another and addiction.
Strengthen Your Family at Viewpoint Dual Recovery
No matter how difficult or stressful it may seem to talk with family members about addiction, you and your loved ones can find support at Viewpoint Dual Recovery. We are here to give you and your loved ones the time and resources needed to come to a fuller understanding of mental health symptoms as well as substance use problems. We offer the following mental health treatment programs:
- Bipolar disorder treatment
- Depression treatment
- Schizophrenia treatment
- Personality disorder treatment
With our team of experienced and friendly professionals, you and your family will be in good hands. Making the first step to reaching out for help will be greatly rewarded, with access to compassionate care and healing. We are ready to talk with you today about making a plan – reach out to us online, or call us at 855.746.3633.