To those who haven’t experienced life-altering mental health concerns, overcoming them can be perceived as a simple step-by-step program that anyone can complete. However, the reality is that each of us has our own individual story, background, and preferences; what works for one person may not be effective for someone else. Looking at all the obstacles standing in the way of getting treatment, whether it is a family who doesn’t take the time to understand, or mental health diagnoses compounding symptoms, it can feel overwhelming.
However, with help and insight, each of us can find a path forward, even when it is one of recovery from a challenging set of circumstances. Viewpoint Dual Recovery in Arizona is proud to offer support through various therapies and a compassionate and knowledgeable team. If you or a loved one is ready to find help for substance use or mental health symptoms, don’t hesitate to reach out today online or call us at 855.746.3633.
What Is Equine Therapy?
When seeking treatment, there are many types of therapy offered at various addiction treatment programs. It can be a learning curve in itself to just learn what these different types of therapy can offer and whether they would be right for you. Equine therapy involves therapeutic horseback riding and caring for horses, which draws upon the same resources and concepts inherent to animal-assisted therapy. Equine therapy is just one of the many options supported by Viewpoint Dual Recovery, and it can provide the following:
- An alternative activity to take people out of their comfort zones in order to care for an animal
- Practical setting to hone skills such as communication, focus, and forming healthy boundaries
- Opportunities to practice teamwork and group responsibility, which can boost self-confidence and reduce anxiety
- Beneficial connection to resources that can provide stronger healing in those who have been dually diagnosed with conditions like PTSD, depression, eating disorders, or other mental health concerns
How Can Viewpoint Dual Recovery Help?
Our philosophy at Viewpoint Dual Recovery is that every individual suffering from mental health concerns can benefit from therapies and programs designed holistically to target insecurities and promote healthy coping skills. Our multi-disciplinary team is proud to provide long-term services to those struggling with mental health concerns or a dual diagnosis. With over 40 years of combined experience, our staff is here to give you and your loved ones access to both tried-and-true methods of recovery, as well as innovative and flexible programs:
- Partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient program, which can go hand-in-hand for crisis stabilization and building foundations for recovery
- Dual diagnosis outpatient facility to provide extended care to those needing support for mental health diagnoses that may underlie addictive tendencies
- Mental health treatment for clients with diagnoses of anxiety, schizoaffective disorders, BPD, or depression, under a licensed psychologists’ care
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and somatic experience therapy
- Group, individual, and family therapy, to heal and nurture each client’s personal relationships with themselves and others
- Client-centered treatment, based on the individual’s interests and passions, which may include education, volunteering, and vocational training
- Training in life skills, including mindfulness, nutrition, pharmacology education, and financial management, to give clients tools and understanding of those tools, which they can use outside of treatment
We Provide Mental Health Care in Prescott, AZ
Whether you or a loved one are dealing with a mental health condition or substance use disorder, underneath it all is a person who is worthy of kindness, compassion, and life. Living a balanced life can be just one accomplishment along the way to discovering one’s own dreams and empowerment to reach for them. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we will be glad to join you and your family in a journey towards recovery and a better future. To learn more about dual diagnosis recovery in Arizona, just message us online today, or call 855.746.3633 to reach our non-judgmental and discreet team of professionals.