Mental illness manifests itself in many forms, similar to physical ailments. However, many people who would benefit from mental health treatment programs hesitate to seek help. They fear being stigmatized for their illness by peers or coworkers. That leads to individuals turning to other forms of self-medication, like drugs or alcohol. A lot of people dealing with addiction and substance abuse suffer from a dual diagnosis. Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center offers mental health treatment in a safe and warm environment.
There are a lot of different illnesses that fall under the category of mental disorders. Finding the right treatment for a mental illness relies on diagnosing the exact condition in an individual. Some of the most common types of mental disorders found within the U.S. population include:
- Anxiety disorders — Anxiety disorders cause people to feel heightened responses to certain situations. They often experience physical symptoms like an increased heartbeat, sweating, and a feeling of paralysis. People with anxiety disorders have disproportionate reactions to the current circumstance.
- Psychotic disorders — People with psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia may experience distorted thinking and awareness. They may see hallucinations or believe they hear voices speaking to them that no one else can hear.
- Mood disorders — These illnesses cause persistent feelings of sadness or periods of extreme happiness. They may bounce from one state to another over a period. Some examples of mood disorders include depression and bipolar disorder.
Treatment Options for Mental Illness
The first step in treating mental illness is getting a full physical exam to rule out other physical problems that could contribute to your issues. Your doctor may also send out for lab results that check for imbalances in your thyroid.
Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center gives each of our clients a full assessment, even if they admit themselves for conditions other than mental illness. People suffering from addiction issues may have an underlying psychological condition that requires mental health treatment.
Our facility takes a holistic approach to treating our clients. We offer a variety of traditional and alternative therapies as part of our mental health treatment program, which includes:
- Art Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Inpatient and Outpatient Therapy
Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center builds treatment programs around the needs of an individual client. We treat different mental illnesses to ensure clients get the in-depth mental health treatment needed to function in day-to-day life.
We also support clients with a dual diagnosis. Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center prides itself on being a dual diagnosis facility, built to help clients deal with all their issues in one setting.
Get Mental Health Treatment Today
In today’s uncertain times, getting the best mental health treatment is essential. In doing so, you allow yourself the chance to heal and overcome seemingly insurmountable issues. When you get dual diagnosis-centered mental health treatment, you’re able to overcome the odds of both mental health conditions and addiction at the same time
Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center provides flexible stay and treatment options needed to support clients needing mental health treatment and help for other conditions.
- Men’s Rehab Center
- Women’s Rehab Center
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Medication-Assisted Treatment Program
- Sober Living Homes
Don’t let fear prevent you from getting the help you deserve. Choosing to get mental health treatment might be the best choice you’ll ever make in your life. It can give you back control and provide you with hope for the future. Find out more about the therapies and programs we offer at Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center by calling 855.746.3633. We can help you find a better path forward in life.