Life can seem challenging and overwhelming many times. Sometimes, all you can do is to try to find a way to block out the pain and frustration for a short amount of time. You may even use drugs or alcohol to help you do that. Yet, you may want to change and to learn how to promote good mental health. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center, we want you to seek out the professional help you need to see substantial change.
How to Promote Good Mental Health Today
If you have an underlying addiction or mental health concern, treatment for that is always the first step. Yet, for some, it can also help to explore how to promote good mental health in their lives right now. Here are some strategies to help you do that today.
Improve Your Health
Consistently doing small things can help to improve your health. At this moment, you can do a few key things that can make a difference, such as:
- Eating a healthy meal
- Getting a better amount of sleep
- Heading out to go for a walk outdoors
- Going for a swim or a bike ride – or engaging in other activity you enjoy
- Do something that helps reduce stress levels
Do something today, even right now, that helps you to improve your health. By doing this, you’re taking active steps to reduce the stress hormones in your body and improve the number of feel-good hormones present. That helps you to feel better and promotes good mental health.
Manage Stress with Help
You are not alone in your mission to learn how to promote good mental health. Many people today are facing incredible challenges pushing them to heighten limits of stress and frustration. What can you do right now for help?
- Write down something you are grateful for – focus on something, even small, that you’re thankful for
- Say several things out loud that are positive, about anyone or anything
- Meditation on something positive in the world around you
- Do something meaningful for someone else
- Open up and talk to someone about what’s really happening to you
The key here is to embrace something good. When you do, you push aside the frustrations you feel and can focus on something good.
Managing Mental Health with Substances
Many people who struggle with mental health conditions also struggle with substance abuse. Fortunately, at Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we specialize in treating those who struggle with both. If you have turned to drugs or alcohol as a way of managing this stress, we can give you options. Our men’s drug treatment and women’s drug treatment programs can offer help for you there. We provide treatment for a wide variety of substance abuse conditions, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
If you’re serious about promoting good mental health, it’s essential to seek addiction treatment. Don’t overlook the importance of taking action now to find the relief you need and deserve.
Recognize the Need and Call Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center
Learning how to promote good mental health is a valuable exercise for anyone. For men and women with drug or alcohol dependency or those who have underlying mental health disorders, more help is necessary. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center, we’re here to work closely with you to help you overcome the challenges you’re facing to live a healthy life. Call our counselors today at 855.746.3633 for the help you need.