Some individuals who struggle with depression are able to function in their everyday lives for months or even years. Functional depression can be difficult to diagnose, especially when the coping mechanisms developed don’t appear to impact everyday functioning. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center, we find that many individuals struggling with depression turn to self-medication for relief. While this might provide temporary relief, it does not address the depression at its core. Treating depression is an essential part of the recovery process. Contact Viewpoint Dual Recovery to learn more about our depression treatment program.
Depression is a disorder that is often misunderstood, which can lead to a crisis if we don’t become more aware of its signs and what can be done to intervene and find recovery. Millions of people worldwide deal with depression, and this number is only representative of reported cases. Unreported depression is present in the lives of those we might least suspect.
“High functioning” or “functioning depression” is not a clinical term, but these are descriptions used for depression that go unchecked and unnoticed in the life of a person who apparently is functioning well in their personal life, career, or school. As we learn more about those who deal with different types of depression, we understand more about how individuals put under different pressures respond and react to depression and its symptoms. With this knowledge, we can form better and more targeted treatment and therapy to give each person a path to healing that suits them best.
If you or a loved one are experiencing symptoms of depression or an emotional crisis, please don’t wait to ask for help. Early intervention and treatment can save lives. Call Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center today or reach out to us online here, to take your first step towards healing.
What Are the Signs of Depression?
If you are concerned that you or a loved one may be dealing with depression, but you are unsure due to external factors that appear to be functioning, you’re not alone. Knowing where to start can be made easier when you take a look at what symptoms may present themselves in individuals with depression:
- Changes in sleep, insomnia, or trouble waking up
- Persistent low energy and fatigue
- Withdrawal from activities that are normally enjoyable, difficulty expressing emotions
- Difficulty staying focused on tasks, difficulty with decision-making
- Changes in eating habits or appetite
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or hopelessness
Don’t Suffer Alone
If you or a loved one is masking depression in order to hold onto relationships or a job, it can feel like you are helpless to fight depression since no one may appear to notice what’s going on. Stigma around mental illness and depression can make it even harder to reach out for help. That’s why at recovery centers like Viewpoint, clients are treated with utmost respect and discretion, and you can choose from a variety of treatment options, taking your time to do what’s right for yourself and your loved ones.
- Holistic treatment – We offer methods that combine both medical treatment with practices of talk therapy, group therapy, mindfulness, and if the client desires, integration of spiritual practices.
- Dual diagnosis care – Our psychiatric experts can help discern if a client has a dual diagnosis, for example, of depression and addiction. Our team is ready to provide support for people who have unique factors and histories that affect their healing journey.
- Long-term outpatient care – We are here to support our clients in finding the tools they need to continue enjoying relationships, hobbies, and careers. It may take time to find just the right medication or therapy, and that’s why our caring staff are here to guide you in finding what works for you.
- Family Therapy – With the help of family therapy, clients can feel stronger support overall and have longer-lasting recovery and healing.
Find Healing with Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center
It’s time to take control and find a path towards freedom from depression. Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center in Prescott, Arizona, is proud to offer comprehensive support for those experiencing mental health issues and those who may find themselves fighting addiction. There’s no time like the present to start your journey to recovery – talk to us today online, or by calling 855.746.3633.