Mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder are vastly complex. The problem with many sober living programs in Arizona is the lack of adequate mental healthcare. There is no simple way to know when symptoms will arise or how you will handle challenging situations.
Support groups are a good way to maintain your stability long-term. Viewpoint provides both sober living homes and transportation to therapy groups. The right type of ongoing group therapy can help you stay the course and minimize complications over time. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we offer a range of supportive services to help you achieve this goal. If you are in the process of learning to live independently while adhering to medication and therapy schedules, Viewpoint’s remarkable fusion of mental health, sober living, and transportation services is revolutionizing the way we think of sober living in Prescott and throughout Arizona.
Support Groups Help a Person Cope with Confidence
During formal treatment, you’ll work with a therapist who can help you overcome many of the struggles you’re facing. You’ll learn about your condition and how to spot symptoms of it worsening. Once you step back into the world and daily life, things can become more challenging. Suddenly, you’re facing stress and challenges along with trying to balance your mental health disorder. Support groups provide a way to keep you on the right track.
Some of the benefits of using this type of support group include:
- Have someone to talk to when things are becoming difficult. It could be just a stressful day at the job or a more complex problem, such as struggles with your significant other. Having a professional or group available to listen makes a big difference.
- Gain insight into the way other people handle challenges. The ideas others share about how they cope can also empower you. They can give you more insight into what you can do to overcome the challenges you’re facing.
- Your views, insights, and knowledge can help others, too. Many people need to hear about the good things happening in your life. Other times, they need ideas on how to solve problems. Sharing gives you a bit of self-confidence as well.
- Avoid self-medicating. As mental health symptoms become more challenging, it’s more common for a person to turn to alcohol or drugs to get relief. A support group may help minimize that need. It creates the strong support you need at that moment.
- Groups are available at any time. That means there’s never a reason to put off calling someone, connecting online, or going to an in-person meeting. You don’t have to feel alone.
Know When an Aftercare Program Can Help You
You can find support groups like this in a range of ways. However, an aftercare program may be one of the best. You’ll be able to turn to these programs for the one-on-one support you need at any time. Aftercare programs like those offered at Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center are designed to allow you to come in for a group meeting or help others whenever it works for you. Having that little bit of reassurance that there’s always someone available to help you is critical.
Invest in the right level of support for you right now. If you are battling symptoms of mental health disorders, don’t put off getting help for them right now. Our team offers a comprehensive level of treatment and therapy programs to help. Once you get that treatment, you’ll always be welcomed to come back for aftercare or additional support as you need it. Some of the therapies we offer include:
Find Ongoing Support at Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center
Maintaining your health long-term takes hard work. That often means maintaining a presence in support groups. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center, we offer a comprehensive program available to help you now, as you get to the point of stability, and for months and years to come as you live your best life. Turn to our team now by connecting online or call 855.746.3633 to learn more about the services we offer.