Learning that you or a loved one is dealing with dependence on a dangerous substance can be one of the scariest moments in one’s life. Feelings of powerlessness, confusion, fear, desperation, and panic may seem overwhelming. These feelings will pass, though, and as you learn more about what options are available for recovery and healing, it will become easier with every step forward.
Substance abuse is an issue clouded by stigma and old-fashioned misconceptions. It is often the case that someone becomes dependent on a substance originally intended to medicate a health condition or injury. It may be that picking up your drug of choice as a routine or habit is something that centers or calms you.
The good news is that at Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center in Arizona, you will find our team is uniquely qualified to support clients struggling with mental health and substance use disorder. We are happy to answer your questions and provide the support you need today — reach out online here, or you can contact us directly by calling 855.746.3633.
Will Rehab Address Underlying Mental Health Concerns?
Finding a dual diagnosis treatment program is an excellent step if you are concerned that you are struggling with a primary mental health concern alongside substance use disorder. It is daunting for many people when they are first contemplating going into rehabilitation treatment for substance abuse, especially when they also need treatment for substance use disorder. Because there are so many unknowns, it’s easy to jump to the worst conclusions imaginable. However, if you know what rehabilitation can look like for you, you can start to visualize those first steps. Depending on the age of the client, length of substance abuse problem, and what support systems are already in place, you may choose to approach your recovery with any of the following methods:
- Medication-assisted treatment is important if withdrawal is a concern, and it can greatly help reduce cravings and discomfort from withdrawal and reduce relapse.
- Intensive outpatient treatment allows the client to carry on with their day-to-day lives when in treatment. This kind of treatment is better for people who feel supported and safe at home.
- A partial hospitalization program offers extra support to those who may need more monitoring and assistance with medication. Any amount of hospitalization may feel scary, but at centers like Viewpoint Dual Recovery, you will be met with kindness and compassion in a comfortable and engaging environment.
- A dual diagnosis treatment program is designed to treat those who deal with both mental health diagnoses and substance abuse. By addressing both mental health and addiction at the same time, you may find that recovery becomes more manageable and longer-lasting.
What Are the Benefits of Outpatient Rehab Treatment?
Addictions don’t begin out of anywhere, and they don’t have a start date that is easy to pin down. Because of the way addiction can sneak up on us, it is often the case that people fall prey to it before they ever would have considered themselves capable of becoming addicted. It may be that you are even dosing yourself discreetly throughout the day while still working. Regardless, keeping your job, maintaining family relationships, and keeping the things in your life that give you support are all very important. That’s why at Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we are ready to help you with the following:
- Maintaining a schedule and routine that work for you, with the flexibility that allows you to practice taking control of your habits and replacing unhealthy habits with healthy ones.
- Maintaining connection with and closeness to loved ones is something that can really boost a client’s recovery. Staying at home and having the comfort of family and friends close by can be vital to making long-lasting changes.
- Practicing what you have learned in your treatment and implementing skills you’ve practiced in real-life scenarios. Outpatient treatment allows you the freedom to start taking control of the parts of your life that need change, providing you with an immediate chance to try something new and see results.
Don’t Wait to Step Into Recovery
At Viewpoint Dual Recovery Center, we believe that everybody has a fighting chance at a better quality of life when dealing with a mental health or addiction concern, no matter what your background or history. We’re ready to start that fight alongside you and to support you in your victory over substance abuse — reach out today online or by calling 855.746.3633.