After completing an outpatient mental health treatment program, most people want to maintain their recovery. This goal can be made a reality with careful planning and support. It can be easy to feel like finishing treatment will be the end of having to think about psychological recovery; however, it is only the beginning. Although it would be nice to be “cured” from a dual diagnosis, the reality is that maintaining recovery takes work.
This work can be made easier when a team of people is working together for the common goal of providing mental health support. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery, our specialists can provide the understanding and insight that you and your loved ones may need. We are ready to help if you reach out online or call us at 855.746.3633 today.
Tips for Maintaining Recovery
Making the transition from participating in an outpatient or partial hospitalization treatment back to normal life should be done with care and preparation. Upon completing a program, an aftercare program can help those in recovery to maintain their healthy habits, routine, and community. Regardless of whether you have been in recovery for one day or 100 days, keep in mind the following tips:
- Remember the reasons you’ve chosen recovery. Stay focused on what got you there and what you still intend to achieve.
- Stay connected with your “pack.” You know who has helped you get sober and stay that way. Keep these people in the loop on how you’re doing and how they can continue to support you.
- Keep strong boundaries for yourself so that you remain able to look after your own needs, and ask for help when you need it. You are not responsible for anyone else’s recovery.
- Be open-minded and creative with what coping tools you use and how you use them. Adapting skills you have learned in therapy might take some trial and error, so don’t be afraid to try something out in a different way.
- Go easy on yourself if you relapse. Recovery can be a life-long journey, and there will be some setbacks along the way. Don’t forget that if you achieved sobriety before, you can do it again.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment at Viewpoint Dual Recovery
At Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we believe that all who deal with mental health and substance use disorders can find healing with the right support and treatment plan. When we work together and take time to find what works for you. Sustainable recovery is possible. Our team can help clients choose from the following services:
- Medication-assisted treatment to give clients a safe and comfortable transition into sobriety. Specifically, this includes Suboxone and Vivitrol to help clients struggling with opioid addiction and cravings.
- Dual-diagnosis treatment programs, giving clients access to care for people with mental health diagnoses that may or may not occur simultaneously with addiction. Our programs include treatments for anxiety, schizoaffective disorders, bipolar disorder, and PTSD.
- Long-term care that gives clients patience and room for flexibility in scheduling. Partial hospitalization programs and outpatient programs can be a part of this care.
- Focus on mental health so our clients are cared for in a holistic way. This gives people a better chance to get to the root of what may be causing the mental health issues. With better mental health care, those in recovery can find longer-lasting healing.
Your Psychological Recovery Starts Today
Mental health issues can feel like a cycle that is impossible to break, especially if you are struggling with a dual diagnosis. At Viewpoint Dual Recovery, we believe that the future is still yours to claim, and we want to help you envision and build your dreams. Step by step, it will become easier to welcome the day with open arms every morning. Take the important step of asking for help today, and send us a message online, or call 855.746.3633.